All ready for your next trip? Whether it is a business trip or a personal trip it is always advisable that you keep your insurance plan updated. Also, for many countries, it is even essential that you meet with certain health criteria before you get your visa approved which means that it is not sensible to keep your medical plan updated too.
Things to keep in mind before buying the right travel medical insurance:
1) Understanding about travel medical insurance is essential. It covers unexpected medical emergencies and unforeseen events, natural calamities, etc. When you buy the insurance, you are looking forward to securing yourself and your loved ones against all these things. Also, keep in mind that it is no substitute for your health insurance in your native country.
2) Considering everything that can be insured and what all you’d like to ensure. Right from your sudden bad health to your pre-existing illness; everything can be insured too. You can get detailed information about the same from Insurance Unicorn.
3) There are various things that are not covered under your insurance plan which you need to discuss in detail before buying one. Also, rather than updating your previous plan before the next travel, it is suggested that you look for new ones and customize one that suits your purpose.
4) Natural disasters, acts of God, acts of war are certain conditions under which every insurance stands null and void. Keeping yourself aware of the terms and conditions is helpful as it eases the way for you during making an insurance claim.
5) When you take more international trips, it is important that you go for travel medical insurance. For a hypothetical situation, if you get injured then the only rescue operation would be through a helicopter which would cost you around $25000 if you aren’t insured. Accidents are always unforeseen and it is better to be prepared.
6) Decide between annual policies or per-trip insurances. If you are a very frequent traveler then you’d want to go for a plan that is accepted everywhere and covers everything which will definitely save you the hassle of updating plans time and again. However, if you travel less then particular insurance plans are helpful.
Research in depth before you decide on a final plan. Compare everything available and make the best decision.